What we collect
When you visit the website we collect your IP address, and standard web log information, such as your browser type and the pages you accessed on our website. We also may collect certain geo-location information and ask for your email address.
If you open an account on our mobile app, we collect the following information from you:
• Identification Information - your name, street address, email address, date of birth
• We also may obtain information about you: (a) from your mobile device such as your device type, machine or mobile device identification number, geo-location, time zone, language setting, browser type, and IP address, and (b) from third parties for purposes of transaction processing, identity verification, fraud detection or prevention and other similar purposes. For fraud prevention purposes, we also may link your machine ID with the machines of others who use your same payment cards.
• Social Web Information - including but not limited to your Facebook connect credentials (and information that you authorize Facebook share with us though permissions like this http://developers.facebook.com/images/devsite/auth-dialog-example.png ) and email account information. If you authorize Facebook Connect, the plug in allows us access to your friends' contact information. We also allow you to import data from other social web services, including but not limited to Twitter and email service providers. Social and email contact information helps you connect to friends and contacts for invitation (as well as helping us improve trust on the platform and fight fraud).
When we collect information
We collect information from you when you register on our site or enter information in our mobile app.
How we use the information that you provide to us
Broadly speaking, we use personal information for purposes of expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, mobile app, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at email@example.com
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a Web site, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
How Do We Use Information We Collect from Cookies?
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third parties who will only be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email, if you "opt in" to participate in such promotions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
How we protect & store personal information
We make reasonable efforts to store and ensure security on our systems. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee that personal information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of our administrative, managerial and technical safeguards.
We have implemented the following:
• Google Analytics solutions
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from any individuals under the age of 18.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur, we will notify the users via in-site notification :
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
• Send information; respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
To be in accordance with CAN SPAM, we agree to the following:
• Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
• Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
• Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
• Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com.
Links to other sites
The website and mobile app may contain links to other sites. Transmute does not control the information collection of sites that can be reached through links from the website. We encourage our users to be aware when they are leaving the website and to read the privacy statements of any site that collects personally identifiable information.
Notice of New Services and Changes
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable. As our customer, you will be given the opportunity to notify us of your desire not to receive these offers by sending us an email request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us?